Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Winter sleep

At the start of 2008 I’ve dreamt more about hibernating than ever before. Immediately I have to add that I live in Belgium, a country where winters are dull, grey, shivery, cold and often without snow, which makes the winter time even more frosty. I’ve been able to shake off that nasty feeling by thinking about squirrels, hedgehogs, hamsters and bats. During winter they retreat to their warm nests and holes and they keep sleeping until they set off for spring time, wide and awake. I’d actually prefer to be a dormouse (see photo) during winter, because he’s supposed to be the best hibernator. He sleeps long and deeply and only gets out of his nest when spring has fully begun. Unfortunately that kind of blessed sleep is not granted to human beings, at best a bit of a longer sleep by going to bed early and getting up late… Hereby I declare that my dream sleep is over and I’m back again with more warm stories about the meetings industry!

No comments: