Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lille, as seen on meeting pictures

Last week, I took the high-speed train from the northern Belgian city of Antwerp to Lille, in northern France. And still I was riding south! How comfortable, those fast trains in Europe! I went there to meet an old - but still young - meeting friend of mine. He always wears his bow tie around his neck and has a noble smile on his face: Charles-Eric Vilain XIIII. He's the brand-new managing director of the equally new 'Lille Métropole Europe Convention Bureau'. At first glance, that's a job that suits him perfectly. After all, he received education at an excellent meeting school: Brussels International Tourism & Congress (BITC). Charles taught me something: pictures, purposive meetings industry pictures! What's lacking in many convention bureaux, is good photo material. From the moment he took office, he assigned an architectural photographer to photograph Lille as a meeting destination for an entire year. Meeting photos, a new concept! I have to say, the first pictures I've seen by the inspired photographer Maxime Dufour are not to be sneezed at. This initiative will certainly make the life of a meetings journalist easier. Don't forget to tell me in the comments section if you like the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lille has obviously evolved to a great city!