Thursday, November 8, 2007

The ‘Dress to Impress’ Prizes

And the winners are? Let me start by telling this: I enjoyed the theme colour a lot at the ICCA Gala Dinner in Pattaya: a ‘touch of gold’. Spontaneously I asked a few people to keep their weather-eye open and look out for how people were dressed during the Royal Golden Night. By experience I know that people are anxious to try something different with their clothes. Since HeadQuarters Magazine stands for designer layout, use of new colours and especially sharp content, I felt the sudden urge during the Gala Dinner to award an annual HQ prize for the best dressed women, men or couples of the evening. Because people love to communicate about clothing and dressing up. Daring to wear something conspicuous is often the reason for spontaneously making contact. You know what I mean: ‘Oh miss, you look great tonight!’ - ‘Oh really? How kind of you. What a charming gentleman you are!’…
And again I have to use the word ‘spontaneous’. Together with a small group of insiders I’ve awarded the first HQ ‘Dress to Impress’ prizes to three people. I promise everyone that next year I will call an international fashion jury into being for the theme colour in Victoria, Canada. And for this I will dutifully ask permission to Martin Sirk. So these are the spontaneous winners of this year’s event:


First Prize: ‘The Have Flair Prize’ goes to Christian Mutschlechner. A golden swallow’s tail, well combined with a Vienna Ballroom flair and Thai hand gestures. Just look at the delicate motion of his left hand. Which Thai girl gave him private lessons to flex his fingers like that?



Second Prize: ‘The have Humour Prize‘ goes to a fresh Meetings Couple. Golden masculine horns combined with a tempting lady’s look behind a Venetian mask. Just look at the naughty twinkling eyes of Henrik and Ulrike von Arnold!

Third Prize: ‘The have creativity prize’ goes to Cécile Koch because she used the Pho leaf - which is meant for the king - in a bold fashion. Simple chic. And all Thai people that were there praised her for this nice gesture. Cécile has promised me that she will donate this necklace back to Thailand.
Has anyone else seen a lady, gentleman or couple that was dressed in a special way? I can always add another public award. Watch out for next year’s event in Victoria, Canada, to see who will be victorious then.

No comments: