Friday, April 18, 2008

I Have a Dream

In the same way magpies are attracted to everything that glitters, I often see marketing agencies, so-called high profile consultants and even trade magazines move heaven and earth to get the new group of association customers in their power. Websites are put together, digital newsletters are sent out, speaker opportunities are created, and World Association Congresses are invented to raise the interest of association executives and bring in quick cash. Or, as I’ve said before: we’ve reached the period of the worshipping of the golden calf. And who doesn’t let himself be seduced by golden Easter eggs? To put it very clearly, after Easter but during the high season of association congresses and association days I want to announce a proposition that I’ve saved in my ‘I have a dream’ drawer.
I know only few specialized organisers who succeed in launching a solid association congress, but there’s one exception: Kellen Europe’s annual EuroConference, which had its 8th edition this year. The best forum in all of Europe! No association day or meeting fair can compete with that. Since last year ESAE is also striving for the same quality - a beginning annual ESAE congress with a lot of potential for the future. The EMIF Association Days have always been doing well too. And then came my dream: why not start a step by step forum for one joint European Association Congress in the capital of Europe? One single annual Top European Congress, so charlatans won’t get a chance anymore. You can read more about this dream in HeadQuarters N°26.

No comments: