Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Russians are coming

What I’m about to tell you doesn’t have much body, not even literally. I must confess that during a fair I’ve never visited a Russian stand before. Maybe I might have glanced over a few brochures about Saint-Petersburg but I’ve never been interested in Moscow. I convinced myself that on a level of meetings industry there’s not a lot to experience in Moscow. Sometimes I hear these weird and wonderful stories. Too expensive, too mysterious, too cold and too much vodka. Until that second day of the IMEX fair when I nearly bumped into a practically naked Russian couple - half naked to be more precise. I’ll call him Boris. He could have just walked out of the red Army. Wide trousers, long boots and a torso that even Putin would have been jealous of. The girl I baptized Lara. Fine, slender and a bosom like ripe pears that were only covered by a layer of body paint. You could have thought she was from the Bolshoi Theater. On their bare stomachs and backs the letters DMC were written in large. I’ve even forgotten the name of the DMC because I was so taken aback from so much beauty. And then it happened. I dared to jump into the Russian stand and practically ended up in the arms of a bubbly Russian lady. Larissa is her name, and dressed from top to bottom in black. She’s charismatic which evidently is also the name of her company Charisma Travel. After the fair she wrote me an email, saying she will show me Moscow in a Russian Fun with Moscow Flavor kind of way. The moral of the story: What use are nudity and beauty without the right pray!

No comments: