Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Smallest Stand at IMEX

Did you also pass by without knowing that it was the smallest stand at IMEX, at the entrance of Hall 8? One man, with one notebook computer, sat down behind an inconspicuous little stand, saying 'Restaurant Bookings by selected-restaurants.com'! I am grateful to Hilton de la Hunt (what a name, you could get rich with a name like that) because he gave me the right service at a critical time. From now on I will call him Dr. Hilton de la Hunt, the restaurant doctor. At Wednesday evening, a time when almost everybody at the fair had left for the gala dinner, I was still looking for a nice restaurant in Frankfurt to go to with my team. Hilton asked me: location? Interior? Taste? Price range? And before I knew it, he wrote the perfect answer to those questions on a note: Nizza am Main, of course with a view on the river! And good food. And it had a cheerful crew of Mediterranean boys. Because everyone was in a good mood - but also because we had to wait some time before our food arrived - we were even offered a bottle of Pinot Noir on the house. Hilton, I will book my restaurants with you again next year, but then it will be a Japanese restaurant, because I think I remember you telling me that you have a hidden treasure in your collection…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Marcel, Hilton is indeed one of the few extraordinary people in this world ! We also had a chat with him that same day, and guess what? We had the chance to have dinner in this same wonderful restaurant along the river! This was a great opportunity to meet you and your team again, and I hope next year we will have dinner all together in this special Japanese restaurant ! Nadège / Grimaldi Forum Monaco