Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The brand 'Diane Pernet'

Last week I met my blog muse in Paris: Diane Pernet. Ever since I've caught the blog fever, I've written in my Blog that Diane's blog - A Shaded View on Fashion has over 100,000 visitors a month! - was my big example for creating my own Meetings Blog. In the (trendy?) restaurant Kong at the Rue du Pont Neuf, where you don't get as much on your plate as you get on your bill, I've crowned Diane 'Princess of Blogs'! She earned the title because she, as an American in Paris, has created a 'journalistic brand' in the fashion world.
When you've never seen Diane before, you might wonder from which planet this lady is originating. She's a delicate lady with pale skin and thin blue veins, black sunglasses, firy red lips and a hairpiece like a Paris tower, and she's always dressed in monotonous black. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the inevitable silver Italian umbrella. Her voice only has one soft husky tone and Diane can say a lot in few words and images.
That's why I only had two questions: 'since when do you have this appearance, and how do you react to people who are scared or laugh?' Diane answered: 'Already a few decades, and I block out all exaggerated reactions.' The shortest interview I ever had! One more question then: 'Aren't you a contradiction in terms? After all, fashion is ever-changing and you never change!' - 'Indeed, that's my brand. I 'm not restricting myself to fashion, I also write about design, art, about everyone who's creating surprising things.'
As a small goodbye present I gave Diane my book: Belgium, Land of the Good Life. Because Fashion and Meetings are both on the look-out for a better life, aren't they?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marcel,

It was a lovely evening with Tulip Master and King of Meetings. All the best to you from Stockholm, Diane