Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Kicks for Kids

One of the best articles I've read lately in an in-flight magazine, was 'Kicks for Kids'. I was flying with Lufthansa from Munich to Leipzig, and the cover of Lufthansa Magazin (07/2007) caught my eye. The title was ‘A Family Affair – Business Trips with Children’. Suppose you go on a business trip to a big town and you want to take your kids along, where do you take them to and what can you do there? In the same breath I read the 25 tips on where to grab some family fun in New York, Tokyo, Bangkok, Amsterdam and Lisbon. The flight was far too short for so much reading pleasure.
If I took my imaginary kids for a trip to Tokyo, I would certainly eat at the Kushiya Monogatari restaurant, which is the ideal eatery for children’s birthday parties. All you can eat, and fine quality too. And in New York I would treat them to a ride on The Beast, a giant toy of a speedboat. The Beast tears around New York Harbour at 45 miles per hour to the thumping beat of rock music. And in Lissabon… No, you'll just have to read the article yourself.

No comments: