Friday, August 17, 2007

The Industry's highest honor

I received a good news report from Michelle Mills from Chicago:

Dear Marcel,
You were personally recommended by SITE President Hugo Slimbrouck (see photo), as an excellent choice as a judge for the
2007 SITE Crystal Awards.
As you may be aware, the SITE Crystal Awards are considered the Industry's highest honor...

I told Michelle it would be my pleasure to free some time between August 20th and September 20th to take a close look at between 5 and 8 entries. I'll draw my inspiration from the crystal owl I got from BAPCO in 2005. I gave this award its own place in my office. As you may know, owls can turn their heads well: as much as 270 degrees! A member of the jury needs this characteristic; you have to look at things from all different angles while showing some wisdom, because that's another characteristic of the owl. There are some people who say that my glasses look a bit like owl glasses...

No comments: