Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hypersonic Santa

As a child, people made me believe that St Nicholas and Black Peter came from warm Spain. I stopped believing that a long time age because I’ve never seen St Nicholas walk around in shorts. Now someone is trying to trick me into believing the Saint’s residence lies in Lapland. That sounds better. But I’m mistaken, that should be Santa Claus because his official address is in Rovaniemi (Santa Claus Village). And now the Stockholm based consultancy bureau Sweco sent me a message about a hypersonic Santa Claus. A serious study shows that Santa has to travel at 5800 km/sec to deliver all presents around the world on time - which is within 48 hours. If he starts in Kirghizistan in Central Asia in opposite direction of the earth’s rotation, he has 34 microseconds for each visit. Come on, who still believes in Santa Claus? At that speed no one could be able to see him! That's why we only have a picture of him after his crash...

No comments: