Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Cécile's little book

Whoever goes on a trip should always tell a nice anecdote or bring a present, I always say. Cécile Koch, sales & marketing director of HeadQuarters Magazine, went to PEC-E in Copenhagen. It was cold but good, she told me. She was delighted with the educational content of the Professional Education Conference Europe, which MPI organises once a year somewhere in Europe. Unfortunately I can't write down everything she has told me, but she did bring me an interesting little book. It's called ‘Learning Meetings and Conferences in Practice’ by the Danish professor Ib Ravn. I remember Ib from before, when he presented me his Learning Lab Denmark for the first time. We often think that meeting goes automatically, that it's a profession you don't have to learn. That's a mistake. A big mistake. Even more than before there's a need for CONTENT that is conveyed in the right way and that sticks in the memory of the listeners for a long time. But how do you do that? Ib has 17 techniques ready!

As you can see on the picture there was also a lot of fun, and Elvis lives! ... in Denmark.

Did you attend PEC-E? Post your thoughts about it by clicking on 'Comments' below.

(photo: Bruce Taylor)

No comments: