Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Titles make the man and the woman

Last year I received a new title: bridge builder, because HeadQuarters Magazine builds bridges between readers and suppliers in the Association Congress business, they told. I could live with that.
A month ago, I received an email from a lady of the Paris Hilton (the actual hotel, not the heiress in the picture) who has the title of ‘Elevator Management Trainee’. I had never heard of such a thing.
And then, last week during the ESAE Assembly, I was totally flabbergasted when I ran into an association executive who has 'Evangelist' on his business card. And maybe you know anyone by the title of 'meeting lover'?

1 comment:

Christian W. Frei, CEO, MICEpoint said...

Hello Marcel
Interesting article, especially about the word "Evangelist".
I have heard the word many times within the IT scene, where "Guru's" call themselves "Evangelist". This term is widely used so it is very common.

The same issue I encounter when I talk to non-meeting professionals about "MICE". How many times did I have to explain what MICE stands for...

I even thought one time to call myself "MICE Evangelist" but then I would be explaining half of my life the meaning of "MICE" and defending different point of view for the word "Evangelist" :)

Keep on writing, and visit my blog at http://meetings-industry.blogsport.com
Cheers,
Chris Frei
www.micepoint.com